Department of Yoga Studies
School of Indian Heritage
Admission to courses in Yoga Studies
Admission Notice: April 2017
Applications are invited from MALE candidates only, for Admission to the following Yoga related courses to be conducted at University’s Main campus at Belur for the session 2017-18.
- Courses Available
- Mode of Selection for PGDY
- Important Dates - PGDY
- Admission and Course Fees
- How to apply
- Submission of Application Form
- Course Content
(1) PG Diploma in Yoga (PGDY 1 year Full time Course):
Session starts in July 2017.
Eligibility: Graduate in any subject (including B.P.T & B.P.Ed.) with minimum 50% marks from any recognized University. Age limit- 40 yrs.
(2) PG Diploma in Yoga (PGDY 2 years Part time course):
Classes will be held on Weekends. Session starts in July 2017.
Eligibility: Graduate in any subject (including B.P.T & B.P.Ed.) with minimum 50% marks from any recognized University / Graduation along with Certificate Course in Yoga (CCY) with minimum 55% marks from any recognized university.
The following criteria are applicable for PG Diploma:
- Relaxation of marks for reserved category as per the Government rules.
- Students awaiting results may also apply.
(3) Outreach Programme of Yoga for Health and Wellbeing (OPY)
Apart from the above two courses, we are providing yoga practice facility for any interested person as an ‘outreach programme’. Yoga Practice for Health and Wellbeing is a yoga practice programme scheduled for 3 days per week for 6 months. Eligibility: Open to all, should be physically fit and mentally alert, admission will be made after suitable screening.
Mode of Selection for PGDY
Written Test of English, interview and Fitness test: Candidates will be subjected to written test of English, physical fitness test and an interview to assess their aptitude and interest in the course of their choice.
Important Dates - PGDY
- Last Date of Application : 15 June 2017
- Written Test of English : 17 June 2017
- Interview & Selection : Tentatively between 22 to 24 June 2017
- Admission : Within 30 June 2017
- Classes start : 1st week of July 2017
Admission and Course Fees
(1) For PG Diploma in Yoga (PGDY):
- Admission-cum-Registration Fee (one-time): Rs.5000/-
- Caution Deposit (refundable on completion of the course after deduction of breakage, etc.): Rs.2000/-
- Course Fee: Rs.12,000/- (for 2 semesters)
- Examination Fee: Rs.2000/- (for 2 semesters)
- Laboratory Fee: Rs.2000/- (for 2 semesters)
- Identity Card: Rs.50/-
(2) Yoga for Health and Wellbeing (an Outreach Programme): (i) Admission-cum-Registration Fees (one-time): Rs.500/- (ii) Course Fee: Rs.3000/- for six months. Total amount to be paid at the time of admission: Rs.3,500/-
How to apply
Application forms can be collected from the University Office at Belur Campus in person, or may be downloaded from this web page (link given at the bottom).
Submission of Application Form
Application form completed in all respects should be submitted to the Registrar at the address given below either in person or by post or courier. (i). In person: submit the filled up form at the University Office together with a fee of Rs.300/- in cash during office hours (from 10 am to 5 pm). (ii). Send the filled up form to the following address by post or courier with a Demand Draft so as to reach us on or before 15 June 2017. Write on the envelope the name of the course you are applying for (i.e. PGDY-1 year / PGDY-2 years / Outreach Programme)
Demand Draft: draw in favour of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, for Rs.300/- payable at Belur Math, Howrah, preferably UBI or SBI. To avoid postal delay, Filled up Application may also be sent by email (Scanned/doc file with affixed photo) after paying Rs.300/- by NEFT to RKMVU A/C given below. UTR No. of NEFT must be mentioned in the email.Note:Without the UTR No. of the NEFT online payment application can not be accepted.
Bank Details: Account Name: Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University Bank: United Bank of India A/C No:0365010098087 IFSC code: UTBI0BEM958
Address: The Registrar Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University Belur Math, Howrah - 711202 West Bengal. Contact: 033-2654999; 09433979911; Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The content of the courses have been designed in the light of and in tune with the model syllabus given by University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi. Subjects to be taught are as follows: 1. Foundations of Yoga 2. Hatha Yoga 3. Human Anatomy & Physiology 4. Yogic Life Style 5. Yoga Practical Papers – I & II 6. Assignments & Self Appraisals 7. Essence of Principal Upanishads and Bhagavad Gita 8. Patanjala Yoga Darshana 9. Applied Yoga 10. Methods of Teaching Yoga 11. Yoga Practical Papers - III & IV 12. Teaching Practice 13. Naturopathy with practical & Introductory Ayurveda 14. Value Education